...My faith has helped me a great deal and I learned not to place blame for having an autistic child. I came to understand that God was not responsible for sickness and diseases and knowing this gave me a great sense of peace...


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
I am going on a Journey







I am going on a journey,
Won't you come along?
I need someone to help me.
A person big and strong.


I'm walking on my journey
But my feet are very small.
Can you stand beside me,
And catch me if I fall?


At times when I can't keep up
With life and all its fears,
Can you put me on your shoulders
And wipe away the tears?


When the steps I take are not big enough
And it's hard for me to grow
I know I can depend on you
To let me take it slow.


I'm going on a journey,
Please, won't you walk with me?
I need someone who understands
The place where I should be.


I promise when the road is tough
And you want to turn back home.
I will hold your hand real tight,
So you won't feel so alone.


I'm going on a journey
I don't know where it ends,
But if we walk together,
We can always be best friends.


And when the journey's over
And we find where we should be.
I know that you will be so glad,
You took this path with me.


I'm going on a journey,
Please, won't you come along?
I need someone to guide me
A parent—big & strong.

Written by Sally Meyer

Blessed

Blessed


Blessed are you who take the time to listen to difficult speech,

If I persevere, I can be understood.

Blessed are you who never bid me to "hurry up"
Or take my tasks from me and do them for me.
For I often need time, rather than help.

Blessed are you who stand beside me as I enter new and untried ventures, Myself and You.

Blessed are you who ask for my help.
For my greatest need is to be needed.

Blessed are you who, with a smile encourage me to try once more.

Blessed are you who never remind me
That today I ask the same question twice.

Blessed are you who respect me and love me just as I am.

Author Unknown

sábado, 9 de enero de 2010

Like the Eagles

January 2007

If we learn the life of the eagles, we will realize that’s sometime we are like them in process of renovation.
When I read the life of these birds, I could find the following characteristics:
When the eagle ages (around 40 years), his beak it is long and Sharpe-pointed, it bows, pointing against the breast. His wings are old and ugly, and his feathers are heavy and they lose their vision. Fly is very difficult so the eagle has two options: to die or to face a painful process of renewal.

How is this process of renewal?
The eagles retired to a place far away in a nest near to rocks. While there, the eagle start striking his beak in the rock to breaking it, to lose it. Then, he must wait for the growth of a new one. With the new peak, the eagle will extract the old fingernails, until they grow again. Then, with the new fingernails, he will pluck out every feather on his body until is completely bare. He stay in this hiding place until he has grown new feathers, then is ready to fly again. This process of renewal lasted 150 days-5 month, after this time the eagles leaves the nest to live approximately 30 years more.

If we compare our life with the eagles, we can realize that some times we also have to pass for processes of renovation. There are moments in our life where we must be renewed. Some time, that does can be very painful, but God is always in this journey of renewal. If we read the bible in Psalms 103 said:

Psalm 103
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; All my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

In the process of renewal, we have to see ourselves as God see us, with mercy and love, to take care of ourselves, like we care of others. In the time of the renewal God is with us, showing us the way, guiding our steps. We have to learn to leave the bad experienced in the past behind and always to be ready to begin again. Don’t be afraid of the changes and be encouraged with the new thing that God is preparing for us. God wants to clean us deeply and to purify our hearts. We are like a glass in the hands of the Potter and if we want to be good servants, we must search our heart every day to look if there is something that God disapprove.

Other physical attribute of the eagle
He has two set of eyelids. One set is for down on the earth, and the other is for looking into the sky and the sun. As a Christian, we have to considerate this, spiritually, we need to have two set of eyelids. We need to be in balance, be practical with the needs of the people, but, at the same time we must always looking up our heavenly father in heaven, to worship, love and depending of Him in everything we do.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario